Upcoming PFLAG Support Meeting
Our PFLAG support meetings are held on the 2nd Tuesday of every month.
1608 Baker Court, Room 6
Panama City, Fl 32401
About Our Meetings
PFLAG meetings are support based. The monthly meeting offers a safe atmosphere at which to share information about one’s life or just sit quietly and listen. No one is required to speak, though most people find that conversation comes easily. Group attendees are welcomed with smiles and good cheer. In this warm and supportive atmosphere, revealing that “I have a lesbian daughter” or “I have a gay son” is often not as intimidating as anticipated. PFLAG support meetings offer reassurance, guidance, and beneficial resources for the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgendered, Questioning, Intersexual & A-sexual (LGBTQIA) community along with their families and friends. All group conversations are considered confidential and are not discussed beyond the room. PFLAG literature is available. Meetings begin at 7:00 p.m. and usually last about an hour. Some meetings include a guest speaker. We generally end our meetings with refreshments and time for more personal conversations. PFLAG does not require a membership fee to attend the regularly scheduled monthly meetings. All are welcome!
About Our Families and Children
- Our LGBTQIA sons and daughters come from all different family environments. There are no patterns.
- One out of four families have an LGBT member. Rejection of a child by his/her family is a tragedy for each person in the immediate and extended family unit.
- Our gay children do not choose to be gay, nor do they have a mental illness to cure.
- A parent can learn to be free from the burden of guilt for his/her child's natural, normal sexual orientation.
- A parent can learn to recognize his/her child's expression of love as honest and moral.
- Every parent and child's journey towards acceptance is individual and unique.